January 23, 2010

Belly

I just finished watching the movie "Belly" with Nas, T-Boz and DMX. Remember this movie? Gosh...it was so extremely violent. I don't think there was a five minute scene in this movie that didn't involve gunfire. I ask, like I did when I first saw this flick, is this for real? Is this art imitating life or the other way around? Regardless of the sequence, I am elated that we've seen some progress in terms of the representation of black people on both the small and big screen. We still have further to go and I'm hopeful.

post signature

2 comments:

Jonez said...

I've never seen Belly, nor do I want to. Another graphically violent movie that comes to mind is "In Too Deep" with Epps and Cool J. That's one movie I regret seeing. There was a scene with a pool stick that I'd like to forget forever.

K. Rock said...

I do remember that movie and it was filled with alot of glamorized violence. But alot of movies are. But, there is a market for it and that is whay they continue to be made.

Related Posts with Thumbnails