November 24, 2009

Our Big Catch!

Oldest and I caught the ugliest looking thing but boy, was he pleased. Here's a picture of our catch.



The fish is called a toadfish- ugly color, green eyes the color of something toxic.


We fished for about an hour and enjoyed some quite time together. We saw dolphins playing in the water and enjoyed the quite time together. When you have a large family (crap, do I really have a large family?), it's important to have one-on-one interaction with each child. The little kids (we used to call them the babies, *sniff) take up so much of our energy and Oldest's patience.

What do you do to spend one-on-one time with your children?






post signature

5 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

awesome! the poor thing is quite ugly, but it's cool that you guys caught him :)

it's so ironic that you asked that question, because that was going to be the suject of my next post: how can baby bunchers spend quality time with each individual child? mine are close in age and always want to go where the other goes. trying to separate them and take one at a time is a nightmare and i always end up taking them all at the same time. how do i break the habit and not have them be so upset?

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Yes, good point. The only way this was possible was because the younger two were still in school. Oldest has the entire week off so I use opportunities like that to spend time with him.

K. Rock said...

That is one ugly fish.
I am definitely in the process of trying to figure out how to spend time with my 8 year old. He is just growing up in front of me and I dont want to miss it because I am so focused on his 2& 3 year old sisters.
So every now and then, we go to the movies together or go to get ice cream.

Jonez said...

Did you keep the fish?? Eat it?

La'Tonya Richardson said...

OMG! That is an ugly fish! Did you take it off the line yourself?

I have five children, and it is very hard to have one on one time with each one of them. Now that they're getting older, my 20, and 17-year-old are more interested in their friends than their mom right now, especially my son, the 17-year-old.

The younger girls like to hang with me when I'm doing my grocery shopping. Hmmm - it sounds like we need to work on fun one on one things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails