August 16, 2009

Wahhh, Wahhh, Wahhh - Mom's Whining Again

Tomorrow Chatterbox goes to her last activity of the summer before school starts - daycamp. She's so excited about it and I am too. After all, this is her first day camp and her first activity without Giggles. The campers have to be 4 and older, so Giggles has to sit this one out (and she will happily, I'm sure), but Chatterbox is bouncing off the walls and is itching to do something fun and stimulating, so this super duper daycamp should be perfect. So why am I whining (again)?

Because I want to take her to camp! And pick her up. And see her run off to join her group. And hear about her day. But, of course I can't because I have to go to WORK as freakin' usual, and it pisses me off. I mean, sure it's not her prom or anything, but it's the little moments like these that make life special. What's more is that I know I'm going to feel exactly the same way when she starts Kindergarten in a couple of weeks. I want to be able to take her every day and chat with her teacher and the other parents and see her classroom and learn who her friends are. Sure I can take off a day of work for the first day of school, and I will, but it's not the same. And even for camp tomorrow I've been wracking my brain to find a way for me to drop her at camp in the opposite direction of where I catch the train to work, use the car that the nanny will have to use to pick her up from camp, drop the Authorized Pickup Person card to the nanny, and make it to work before dusk. Basically, it will be impossible without causing big drama.

And so Mom's whining. Again. Will something ever give?

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails