July 28, 2009

Better Tuesdays: The Home Stretch

Holy crap. When did it get to be almost August? it seems like it was just the other day when we embarked on our BetterU journey. I started off so strong: exercising 3 to 5 times a week; eating well; etc. But somewhere around the beginning of July (ok I know exactly when) my heart-healthy habits took a backseat to...life. It's true what they say - being healthy is a lifestyle and the diet choices and workout routines have to be integrated into your every day.

This is hard for me because I tend to abandon the healthy routine when something unusual comes along. This time it was our beach vacation to the Outer Banks that threw me off. Then it was going away to Chicago for BlogHer. It's so hard for me to stick to my diet while away from home. I think it's because I feel like I'm not enjoying myself if I'm not eating what I want to eat and then I'm not really on vacation then, am I? This mentality is killing me! How do I get over it?

I also heard someone talking about how "taking the weekend off" of her diet sabotaged all her progress. I am totally guilty of that. Monday thru Friday I am great. I plan my snacks, my meals, enter my WW points, exercise - but come Saturday I kind of give myself a break for the weekend...and wipe out all of my hard work from the previous week in the process.

So, my BetterU goals for this week are:

Resume my exercise routine. This one is hard because really my only time is in the evening and between getting home from work, making dinner, getting the kids ready for bed and planning Blogalicious, I barely make it to bed before midnight as it is.

Stick it out through the weekend. It's all about maintaining.

Lose at least one pound. I put on 4 of the 8lbs I lost already and it's so upsetting. I'm a yo-yo dieter. I feel like Oprah.

Only poorer.

And without Bob Greene.

Or Art Smith.

Dammit, I'm not like Oprah at all, am I?





post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails