March 18, 2009

The Doctors vs. Oprah?

I stumbled across a CBS show called "The Doctors" this afternoon. It's squarely up against Oprah in my area. I don't typically watch any sort of non-news related tv in the afternoon, but since I saw the midday news today I wanted some other background noise. I opted for this show because Oprah was talking about clutter (really, who cares!). Anyway, this episode today was For Women Only. I did not pay it much attention at first because I figured who cares to hear about bras and pantylines AGAIN. I was thinking, this is so superficial.

I was pleasantly surprised at its depth; of course, I say this with the caveat of trying to cover all female only areas of concern in less than 1 hour. They talked about vaginal odor, botox, sex during pregnancy, skin issues and what happens to breasts during pregnancy, the functional purposes of bras, the risks of wearing thongs. Of course, I believe that many of us have asked our friends/relatives/doctors etc. some of these questions, but it was interesting to watch it covered in a frank and mature way on television.

I wonder whether this episode got higher ratings than Oprah's episode today?

Anyway...check out the link to today's show for more information (see above).

post signature

5 comments:

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Hmmmmm, interesting. Never heard of this show. Will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

All of that in an hour! Wow!

Baby Bunching said...

OMG....I have seen this when i'm at the gym in the afternoons sometimes. I watched them simulate a woman having a baby with mannequins (sp?). It was so hysterical I had to stop running on the treadmill to crack up. It was also a little gross.

*Tanyetta* said...

LOVE that show! So glad to see there was an HOUR dedicated to only the women.

Unknown said...

I have seen this show once. It isn't up against Oprah in this market. It was kind funny, they were talking about jock itch and had a very "manly man" drop his drawers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails