November 24, 2008

Making My List, Checking It Twice

When did it become Thanksgiving week? I swear it was just summertime. Here I am once again caught totally unprepared for the next 5 weeks. (I kid you not - my work calendar is still turned to October - this is how crazy life has been). I'm determined not to be caught holiday shopping and all that jazz at the last minute though. I've made a good dent in my kids' gift lists, with the exception of the tech items which I am still undecided on. I even sent an email to my friend Tech Savvy Mama asking for her recommendations. And so the holiday list is here once again:


  • Figure out a plan for Thanksgiving dinner that doesn't involve thawing and roasting a turkey (who has time?)

  • Order and send out holiday cards (at least we've taken the photo, so that's pretty good)

  • Finish holiday shopping

  • Take the kids to see Santa

  • Put up holiday decorations/Buy a tree

  • Decide what to bake/give neighbors.

  • Find the kids (and me) outfits for the wave of upcoming holiday parties

  • Help the girls fill and deliver stockings for their Children's Ministry holiday donation project

  • Figure out a plan for Christmas dinner that doesn't involve thawing and roasting a turkey.

I'm sure I've forgotten 2 or 20 things, but this is plenty for now.

What's on your list?

3 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

you're so organized!

i have NO idea what i'm going to do!

Lisa Pizza said...

Can you share the kids' gift list??

Unknown said...

I am going to have to figure out a list. Wait, I retract that. I am not going to have a list I will just run around like a chicken with its head cut off when the holidays descend on me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails