May 30, 2007

"Crud" Just Doesn't Cut It

I know I said I was gonna post pics of our trip today but I never got around to uploading them last night and here's why:

We have a breakfast table with stools in our kitchen and Chatterbox's latest obsession is sitting on the stools. Of course they are high and not made for TODDLERS but, in order to minimize the whining-pleading-begging, I let her sit on one every now and then. So yesterday evening she was sitting on the stool finishing her grapes and I said "Ok! It's bathtime. Let's go..." And went to lift her up off of the stool. Well, she had her legs wrapped around the stool so that she didn't fall while sitting on it, and when I lifted her up she didn't let go of the stool right away and so once she did, it fell over. Onto.My.Foot.

Oh the pain.

No, seriously. It really hurt! I was immediately debilitated and fell to the floor clutching my big toe and trying not to cry because I didn't want to upset the girls. I also didn't want to curse like I wanted to so instead I screamed "Aw Crud!!" [Which we got from Auntie Fe and her kids] And let me just say that screaming "Aw Crud!!" does not give you the same sense of satisfaction as some of those other four-letter words. Chatterbox kept asking if I wanted a Band-Aid. Giggles was staring at me, not sure how to react. I was writhing on the floor. Hubby was out playing basketball so I had to just suck it up. For the rest of the evening I limped around doing the bedtime routine and once everyone was asleep, I finally collapsed into bed and propped my foot up on a pillow and watched 1/2 of American Dreamz, which is quite possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. We expect better from you, Hugh. Oh yes, we do.

When hubby got home I told him "I think my toe is broken." And he proceeded to play doctor and prepare me an ice pack, Ace bandage wrap and he even offered to clean up the dinner mess in the kitchen so that I wouldn't have to get up. Note to self: Act injured more often.

Anyway, my toe still hurts this morning and I had the worst time finding shoes that I could actually wear to work that wouldn't be excrutiatingly painful. Somehow, I don't think I could have gotten away with wearing my Nike flip flops. I've decided that if it still hurts by the end of the day, I'll go to the ER to see if it's actually broken.

And that was my evening in a nutshell. And the reason why I never got around to uploading our photos.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
One more totally unrelated thing:

The dinner I made last night was delish! It was the Mexican Black Bean Lasgana from Menus4Moms. Sounded kinda strange but it turned out great. And grocery shopping for the week was a breeze because they actually send you the grocery list. Love it!

2 comments:

Mommy Dearest said...

The word of choice in our house now is "Oh, Snap." Although I still cringe a little when I hear either of the Urchins start a sentence "Oh ..." ... I have to check out the menus for moms. Need all the help I can get.

Beth said...

YOU POOR THING. That is just awful. How are you feeling now? Did you get it looked at?

Related Posts with Thumbnails