May 31, 2007

Asleep

Folks....my night was no where near as interesting as Fergie's a couple nights ago. I got to bed around 10:30 p.m. (great for me!!!) and was knocked out approximately 2.75 minutes thereafter.


However, I should have known that something was ary when I couldn't get baby to sleep until 9:45 - which is about one hour past her normal bedtime. One o'clock this morning, she's crying. I look at the clock and figure - what the he!! - she's not hungry and there is absolutely NO reason in the world that she should be awake. So, I let her cry. And cry she did. She cried so much that by the time I finally got out of bed, she just couldn't calm herself down. I sat there and just looked at her. I know I should have done something more nurturing but I was so exhausted that I just didn't have the energy. Anyway, she continues on this path for the next hour or so - sleep for 10 minutes and then awake for 10 mins and so on.

Finally, I can't take it anymore at 2:30 a.m., so I get up and go to her room. She wants to play! I take her out of the crib and she's running around, talking up a storm and is just as wide away as if it was 8:00 a.m. Anyway, I let her do her thing for about 15 minutes, while I lay on the floor in her room. Finally she agrees to go back to bed. Thank goodness she slept for at least a couple of hours before crying again (I let her cry again - I just couldn't get out of bed).


Here's the clincher - and I'm sure you're not going to be too surprised - DH slept through the entire episode!!!!! How that's possible is beyond me!!!!!! But, surprise, surprise.

6 comments:

JayJayGhatt said...

i am not surprised. aliens could walk into our room and conduct a complete autopsy on me in the room and that man will not wake. our kids better thank God for blessing us with maternal instincts even while asleep. :)

Justice Fergie said...

Yes! Exactly what JJ said.

Although sometimes I wonder if hubby is PRETENDING not to hear anything...Nah, he would never do that. Right? RIGHT??

Lawyer Mama said...

They always manage to sleep through it. It must have something to do with the Y chromosome.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

I think they sleep through it because they know we'll wake up in the event of a baby crying, a sick child, a bomb next door, or aliens in the room. They know we got it. Wouldn't you sleep much better if you knew it was taken care of?
Those b@st@rds. Oops, did I say that??

Anonymous said...

[url=http://my.moverapid.com/ddavpnasalspray][img]http://my.moverapid.com/promo.gif[/img][/url]





[size=4][url=http://my.moverapid.com/ddavpnasalspray][b][color=blue]Buy [/color][color=red]DDAVP (D-Void) Nasal Spray[/color][color=blue] ONLINE - click here![/color][/b][/url][/size]

Related Posts with Thumbnails