February 23, 2007

More About Moi

Today's Friday Feast...

Appetizer:
Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?

(1) On the side of my right (?) knee where the spaghetti sauce was accidentally knocked off of the stove when I was little. I was in the line of fire since I had been "helping" my mom "cook" by mixing potato peels in a plastic bowl. Fortunately, the trip to the ER did not jade my love for cooking :-) Or spaghetti.

(2) Smack dab in the middle of my right eyebrow from when I walked into the corner of a table as a toddler. To this day, eyebrow shaping, waxing, penciling, etc., is a pain in the toucas.

(3) On either side of my pelvic area from the bi-lateral, inguinal hernia surgeries I had in high school. The hernias that my mom didn't really believe I had...until I showed her the bulge from my intestine poking through my abdominal wall while we were in the kitchen one day. Yummy!! Before she actually saw it, she had thought I was just being a drama queen. Imagine that.

Soup:
What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?
This is hard to answer because while I can think of many many blessings that I have been given, a miracle is something entirely different. I suppose that I have been fortunate enough in my life so far that I haven't been in need of a miracle. How wonderful is that?

Salad:
Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.

Hmm. This is a tough one because we all know I'm an indiscriminate tv junkie. But I guess I'd have to say
Emeril. I just can't watch him for some reason.

Or Chris Hansen. I mean, I think it's great that he's shed the light on a terrifying issue that threatens the safety of our kids but -- enough with the shows already.

Main Course:
What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?

It wasn't so much a funny word as much as it was the way that I pronounced it. My mom used to tease me (gently) because I always said the word "rotten" in 2 syllables. I still do. Rot-ten. What's wrong with that?

I also remember my little sister saying "lobster-ker" for "lobster." That was cute.

Dessert:
Fill in the blank: I have always thought ______ was ______.

I have always thought an outfit with unmatching purse, belt and shoes was tacky. I'm all about the monochromatic.

Until i had kids. Now as long as I am wearing real shoes (and not my Crocs), I am quite pleased with the whole ensemble. I haven't changed my purse since October. [I can hear your gasps] And, I'm ashamed to admit, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have worn pants with a belt since I gave birth 12 months ago. Heh heh. Aw, come on - after not wearing a belt for 9 months, you just get used to it! Yes, I am a prime candidate for an Oprah makeover. Feel free to submit my name, m'kay?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blog and feast..thanks for posting!

Raggedy said...

Yikes on your accidents! I was frightened for you just reading them. The hernia surgeries sound just a scary. I am glad you are okay.
You don't like the bam bam man?..At least it was a name I recognized. I have not watched tele in about six years but I remember him.
Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Kether said...

Great feast!

About the lunchbox. It says, "California Innovations" on it and its got the breast cancer pink ribbon on it. I don't know more than that. Sorry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails