December 01, 2006

Confession...

I have just spent an hour and a half reading mommy blogs! No lie. Instead of SLEEPING or catching up on missed episodes of Top Chef (I'm so behind), I stumbled upon tons and tons of fantastic mommy blogs. I am way too tired to talk about them in the detail that they deserve but I am so excited at the mommy blogosphere out there. Seems that the Internet has really given moms a voice. I especially think that blogging has offered a fabulous sense of community to SAHMs who may tend to feel isolated during the days...Anyhoo, I hope that I can get my fellow justices as hype about blogging as I am. They will be "sad" to find out that we missed National Blog Posting Month aka NaBloPoMo (http://www.fussy.org/nablopomo.html) [eBlogger is tripping and I can't create my fancy hyperlinks at the moment] which challenged bloggers to post one new post per day on their blog for the ENTIRE month of November. Seems like the mommy bloggers I visited really enjoyed the whole challenge. My friends would have NEVER done it! But it would have been fun to try nonetheless.

So, of course, now it is 11pm I am p.o.'d at myself for not taking advantage of an evening "by myself" [DH is "out with the boys" and the gals are knocked out sleeping] Instead I've been surfing the Net and reading about Roombas and microwaved ankle weights (a kid-special) Not to mention that my behind NEEDS [I can't italicize either, doggone it!] to be asleep since I have a full day tomorrow in preparing for the Non-Baby Shower that I am hosting for my friend. She is extremely low-maintenance and didn't think a shower was necessary for Baby #2, but as my mom says, "the shower is for the baby, not for you!" So we are having a "Mexican Food & Milkshake Shower" since those are her constant cravings.

I'm thinking that one of the shower games should involve taking shots of Pepto.

Nor can I change the font of my post to "Georgia." I just love that font. Is that weird? Ugh! I'm soo ticked. "Arial" just drives me crazy.

4 comments:

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Hmmm, I like blogging too. It's just like writing in a journal.

Justice Fergie said...

UPDATE: Google finally fixed the posting problem, so I've promptly changed my font to Georgia. It's a sickness, I know.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Hey, do you ever go on IVillage? On the Today Show this morning, they mentioned how it's been so successful for women b/c it offers so much info/resources on motherhood etc. and that it also provides women a place to vent/exchange ideas. Kind of like Blogging. Reminded me of you.

Justice Fergie said...

I actually used to go on iVillage a lot. I haven't gone so much lately (too many ads) But maybe I should give it another shot. Thanks for thinking of me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails