August 04, 2009

04:00 - 05:00


[Cue to 24 theme music and cut to a shot of a disheveled-looking Jack Bauer]

Only, the person who was really disheveled was me (and hubby). This is because at 4am this morning Giggles scurried into our room complaining that her "foot hurths" and offering a 5-minute explanation as to why it hurt and why she couldn't sleep and why she wanted us to wake up. After several minutes of whispered negotiations, Hubby convinced her to go back to bed, only to have her scurry back in about 8 minutes later saying that her bed was "scary." Hubby made her a makeshift bed on the floor next to our bed and she laid there for, oh, 3 seconds before jumping up to use the bathroom, flushing repeatedly, and then give us some more crucial details about why her bed was scary. During this whole escapade, she managed to wake up Chatterbox too. After all of that you would think that Giggles would have slept in. Not a chance, she was up and at 'em at 7am looking for warm milk and Martha.

Hubby is racking his brain trying to figure out why she always runs around to his side of the bed when she wakes up in the middle of the night. I think it's because I'm mean when I'm tired (Justice Jonesie and Justice Ny can attest to this) and the poor dear must know that. And so she steers clear.

Now if I could just fool L'il Buddy into thinking that he shouldn't wake me up during the night, I'd be in business.
post signature

2 comments:

Anita C. McCants said...

Those were the days.
That story brought
back memories. :~)

Peter and Nancy said...

Ha ha ha!!! I love the 24 set up! My husband came in to see why I was laughing at the computer . . . maybe you have to be a mama to appreciate it.
-- Nancy

Related Posts with Thumbnails