June 29, 2009

Work Release Program

In an unexpected turn of events, last week I stayed home from work for 3 days! The nanny's car was having issues and needed to go to the shop. Seeing as how Hubby just started his new job and couldn't take any leave, and considering the fact that we have NO grandparents in town to call on in emergencies, I ended up playing stay-at-home mommy. And it was great. We went to the park; had a picnic on the front lawn; ran errands in a leisurely fashion instead of my usual weekend kamikaze missions; took care of 2 doctor's appointments; hung out with friends while splashing through the fountain and dancing with Gymboree; treated ourselves to a pizza parlor lunch; and I even got through several projects that had been on my "When I Have Time" list. As you can imagine, by Thursday morning neither the kids nor I were excited that the nanny's car was fixed and I could return to work. It was a total bummer. Sure, taking care of three little people and the house all day was a lot of work, but it was such a relief to be able to do things at my own pace...and to steal kisses from my brood whenever I felt like it.


post signature

3 comments:

Justice Ny said...

I know the feeling. Work gets in the way of living a happy life at times. I wish working from home was more widely accepted in our profession, because I would so jump at the opportunity!

Dee @ tifiblogs said...

I pretty much feel this way every day. :-/ So, it's not easier even if you like what you do? Interesting...

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had an awesome week! Hmmm, dare I hope you get to do that more? ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails