June 25, 2009

The King

I've been so sad all evening, I don't want to sound over-dramatic, but our world lost a great talent today. I've been listening to the radio since about 7 p.m. where a tribute is being done and I have yet to hear a song played twice. He truly was amazing with so many great songs and performances. I am crying right now (clearly I loved him like no other celebrity) .... here are some of my favorites:

The Girl is Mine; Ben; Liberian Girl; Rock with you (playing now); Don't stop till you get enough; Man in the Mirror; Human Nature; The Lady in my life; Never Can Say Goodbye; She's out of my life; One more chance; Got to be there; and sooooo many more.

I will remember Michael forever because I grew up with. All those many nights with my brother taping songs off the radio and then rewinding and playing back until we knew all the words; or being in awe at the him when he first did the moonwalk and then practicing until your legs were tired; or wearing a glove and white socks; or watching the 30 minute Thriller video over and over again; or loving how he brought all the stars together in We are the World; or just listening to him pour his heart out in his music and feeling like he knew exactly what I was going through at that time because I was so in love. That's the Michael that no one can take away despite whatever has happened in the last few years. I love him and will always. He's the best!

Michael, we'll truly miss you.



































post signature

3 comments:

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

I still can't believe it! I woke up this morning surprised again to hear the news. Love the pictures. RIP MJ

Justice Fergie said...

I think I still haven't processed it myself. What really struck me is that my kids have absolutely no idea who he is and to them he'll be a legend from years past...

Don't forget "Bille Jean"!

from the desk of ....me said...

love the photo montage!!! i can't believe you found the ben cover. how cool...

Related Posts with Thumbnails