May 26, 2009

Better Tuesdays: I'm tired of being fat!

I've been making little changes over the past four weeks or so to start becoming a Better Me. I'm watching my diet (little carbs, more veggies, no snacking, little fat), trying to exercise when and where I can (taking the stairs, walking, doing little work-outs etc.). So, I've been feeling really good about my progress and looking forward to the coming weeks when I'll actually start the Better U program. In fact, I think I kinda have a head start because of these changes ... so why do I still feel so fat?

I put on my fat suit this morning, you know, the one that is cut a little bigger and usually hides the extra pounds, and it's STILL too tight!!!! I feel really discouraged and disheartened today. Somehow I thought that I would put it on this morning and feel like a superwoman because I must have lost some weight - right? Judging from the way this suit is fitting today, I feel like I've gained a pound or two. This just isn't fair!!!

I'm venting a little and I know that I have to keep at it and I am reminding myself that it took months to put on and will inevitably take months to come off. I think I'm just having a bad day and I'm struggling a little.

So, as I write this post and eat my oatmeal I am hoping that I will feel a little better as the day progresses and get back on the wagon (or is it off the wagon - who knows!!!).

Hope you're having a Better Tuesday today! Share your stories with us and let us know if you're joining us on this journey.

post signature

2 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have a "fat suit" too!

And you're exactly right - the pounds won't come off overnight, but if you keep at it, they WILL come off.

Happy Better Tuesday :)

Sally's World said...

as i keep being told, its not about a quick fix, its about a change in lifestyle...snore...men who have fast metabolisms can say this sort of thing with a straight face....i want the quick fix....keep it up, i am trying hard too!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails