August 29, 2008

The First Day

We made it through the first week of school! Both Chatterbox and Giggles started on Tuesday. It's a new school for Chatterbox and Giggles' very first school. I like it because the classes are very small (there's only 4 kids in Giggles' class and 6 in Chatterbox's) and it's very focused on the spiritual and academic growth of each child. Chatterbox has had no problems adjusting, but it's my baby girl that I'm worried about! She's cried every morning when I dropped them off and it's breaking my heart! I know it's only the first week and the separation anxiety is to be expected, but I'm wondering if it's too early for her to be going to school? I'm going to give it at least another week, but if she is miserable, then I'll pull her out and she can stay home. The comforting thing is that when I pick her up at the end of the day, she is totally fine and excited to show me all of the things she did at school. So hopefully she'll adjust to the morning goodbye.
My babies are all grown up!


9 comments:

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable....it'll get better.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

They are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww they are adorable! Glad Chatterbox has adjusted quickly and I'd talk with the teachers on Giggles to see just how long she's upset once you leave. My ETot has never been afraid to go anywhere or do anything but for the last couple of months he wails and cries and complains about going to children's church no matter what we do (but of course quiets down and plays as soon as we leave). I thought I'd escaped separation anxiety with him but at 3.5 he's making sure we know he misses us lol. Hopefully she'll decide soon that she loves school so you can have stress free drop offs.

A Shorter Mama said...

Two down and one to go! Mama are you ready, your girls are all grown up! It mut be hard seeing her so upset, but she looks so cute and like such a big girl in her uniform!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww..... adorable!

Anonymous said...

they are soooooooo cute with their brand spanking new pink backpacks! luv it!

i'm sure your youngest will adjust. well, not totally sure...my son isn't in school just yet, but hey, at least she's not crying when you pick her up too! :)

Justice Ny said...

How'd things go this morning - week 2?

3XMom said...

sooo cute. I would like to say it gets easier. I was weepy after K went to Kindergarten. I felt the exact same way this year for first grade. They grow up so fast!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails