February 26, 2008

Coming Up For Air...

I have been so AWOL these past few weeks. But with good reason. Here's why:

The day after I posted the sonogram pic of my baby boy, all heck broke loose.

Thursday I was hit with the stomach flu. What fun.

Friday my girls came down with it. More fun.

Saturday we were better and managed to leave the house to go to IKEA and see a live performance of Go, Dog. Go! which was great.

Sunday we discovered that Chatterbox was suffering from a UTI. At 3 1/2 years old, the poor thing. So I made an appointment at an afterhours pediatric clinic (anything to avoid the ER) and the entire family went. We were there for over 3 hours. And it was literally one of the worst days of my life to see her in such discomfort. FYI - in case you were wondering, NO they do not have a special method to test for a UTI in young children. The toddlers need to pee in a cup like everyone else. And no, the cup is not bigger. Imagine the drama of getting Chatterbox to (1) pee, since she was afraid of peeing because it hurt, and (2) pee in a TINY CUP. The alternative was a catheter. Thank God she did it after 2 tries and 2 hours. Poor sweetie. Oh and during our time at the clinic, hubby began experiencing severe flu symptoms. He was shivering and sneezing in the waiting room. We were a sight for sore eyes, as my Granny would have said.

Monday yours truly came down with the flu. I don't even remember that day. I didn't eat or even get out of bed, it was horrible! Hubby was down too. I think he spent the day in the guest room, though he could have been hosting a football scrimmage in the living room for all I knew.

By Wednesday, I was able to drag myself to work. We let Chatterbox stay home with Giggles since she was still having issues peeing. Going to work Thursday proved to be too much and by Friday I was home again, shivering, sneezing, and coughing next to hubby in bed watching People's Court.

Luckily, it was a long weekend. On Friday night the left side of my face was throbbing, my teeth were aching, and of course I was all stuffed up. I ended up going to the afterhours clinic that night and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. Even more fun! So I was prescribed antibiotics and was on my way.

Saturday it was hubby's turn to go to the clinic and as it turns out, he had a sinus infection too. While waiting for him to see the doctor, I took the girls to Chick-Fil-A to eat and play on the jungle gym since the poor things had been cooped up in the house with us all week. They had a blast.

Sunday and Monday we took it easy and recovered and were back to business as usual by last Tuesday.

And so, that's my story. Chatterbox is fully healed and so is hubby. I still am congested even though I finished my antibiotics yesterday.

Boy, I can't wait for spring.

1 comment:

Justice Jones said...

Poor you, Hubby, and the girls!! This had to be tough.

Related Posts with Thumbnails