May 16, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Eating Out with Kiddies



So simple and yet it's been a lifesaver time and time again...

When your family goes out to eat at a restaurant, ask to see the children's menu as soon as you are seated and order your child(ren)'s meal right away. Since their portion is small, their meal will come relatively quickly and will keep them busy so that you and hubby can take your time ordering and eating. The kids will also be less antsy on a full stomach and may actually sit still while you enjoy your meal (imagine that!) And, if the kid's meal comes with dessert, they can eat that while you are having your entree. Sounds pretty basic, but it's some of the best parenting advice I've gotten!

Works for us!

For more tips, visit Rocks In My Dryer.

8 comments:

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

Eureka! This tip is a lifesaver! I am definitely going to try this one. This will save us from asking for crackers over and over to keep the kids happy while we wait for them to bring everyone's food at once. You rock, Fergie!

Military Mommy said...

That is a great idea! So simple, but I have never thought of it!

Thanks for sharing,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Not a bad idea. I also keep fast food restaurant lists on Splash Shopper on my Palm Pilot so that I can keep track of everyone's order (preferably taking it in the car on the way).

Thanks for visiting me today!

*Tanyetta* said...

perfect! i always learn something NEW when i visit your blog :)

Shana said...

Cute idea!

Lauren said...

Great tip!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. So far, the calla lillies have been much easier to grow than I expected, but I think it's because of the TN climate. We don't get many hard freezes most winters.

LaughterThoughts said...

that's what we do, too! every once in a while, though, they're done eating and getting all antsy before we've even started! but that's so much better than crabby, restless, hungry kids who need some food in their bellies!

Justice Ny said...

Great idea Fergie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails