December 21, 2006

*New* Our 1st Thursday Thirteen...


Thirteen Things about J. Fergie's Week



I'm learning! I found out about Thursday Thirteen yesterday (after finding out about "Works for Me Wednesdays") and decided to try it. Basically, every Thursday you post a list of 13 things about yourself or your week so that other bloggers can get to know you better. Here are 13 things about my week...

1. My family and I are leaving for Atlanta this evening for the Christmas holiday.
2. I have developed a paranoia about saying the "C" word (Christmas) b/c so many people get offended very easily nowadays if they don't celebrate it.
3. I have somewhat finished packing.
4. I am determined to bring along some presents for my DDs to open even though my hubby is against it (b/c he doesn't want to carry extra stuff).
5. I am proud to say that I am done all of my holiday shopping. Holiday cards area another story.
6. I desperately need a mani/pedi.
7. I will never have the time to get a mani/pedi.
8. My DDs are recovering from bad colds.
9. This means sleep has been elusive this week.
10. My Grandpa turned 90 years old yesterday!
11. Since we couldn't be there for his party (in Montreal) we sent a cake.
12. I burned my arm taking the casserole I made for my office party out of the oven on Tuesday.
13. I am new to Thursday Thirteen and hope this works!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. SciFiChick
2. Rene
3. -r-
4. amy ruttan
5. allie
6. ms. george
7. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Wow, I've never heard anyone get upset about saying Marry Christmas. If they did, I'd just probably call them "Scrooge"!

Rene said...

I don't know why people get so worked up over stuff like Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah and what have you. I'm lucky, my kids' school doesn't get worked up over it. They cover all the December holidays and celebrate all of them.

Welcome to TT. Love your blog.

-R- said...

I am leaving tomorrow, and I have not even started packing! Ugh.

Amy Ruttan said...

I know everyone has to be so PC these days. I work in a Law Office when not on Maternity. We have taken to wishing everyone a Happy Holidays as a majority of the clients are Islamic. That doesn't bother me. So I wish everyone I know that celebrates it Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Qwanza and Ramadan, whatever you want. I'm teaching my kids about a bunch of traditions.Welcome to TT, and Merry Christmas to you!

A said...

I like the C word...ready...all together now...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

www.curvatude.blogspot.com

Ms. George said...

Welcome to the thirteens...
How did you get the links to appear as you did. I am hopeless with code.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Jesus is the reason for the season, therefore, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'm surprised that people are getting so worked up where you live. The District is supposed to be liberal and open to all views, religions, beliefs, etc. When I chose my Christmas cards, I almost hesitated to choose one that said "Merry Christmas" then I had to remind myself, that I'm a Christian, and I will celebrate and be proud. I can't imagine anyone who I sent it to would be offended anyhow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails