April 03, 2010

Where Was The Princess & The Frog at Walt Disney World?

I started to leave my thoughts as part of my comment to Justice Ny's post about The Princess and the Frog movie, but thought that it deserved a post of its own.


As many of you know (from being bombarded by my tweets, Facebook postings, Foursquare check-ins and the like!) my family went to Walt Disney World for spring break this past week. While the trip was truly fantastic, I have to say that I was a little disappointed at how little of a presence Princess Tiana had at the Walt Disney Parks. Having 2 little girls - one of whom is a die-hard Disney Princess fanatic - we were on the Princess Circuit this week. My girls did the Princess Makeovers, we booked a special lunch with the princesses, and we spent way too much time at Cinderella's Castle. But there was one glaring omission; where was Princess Tiana? We had to hunt her down while at the Magic Kingdom (she was hidden in a garden that we only found by accident) and her meet and greet times were very limited! So much so that we didn't get a chance to meet her. We didn't see her in the parade, she did not make an appearance at our princess lunch, and the boat cruise that Disney launched to welcome her is no longer running...

I really think that Disney could be making a little bit more effort to make a big deal about Tiana at their parks. Because, she is a big deal! She really should should have a special section devoted to her and her cast of characters. Or even a "Bayou Breakfast" where people could reserve special seating to meet them. SOMETHING. I mean, Tigger and Pooh have their own breakfast for Pete's Sake. So do Lilo and Stitch. And even Chip and Dale. I have to think that some special event focused on Tiana and her friends would be a huge hit.

I made sure to seek out the window where her dress is displayed (will put up the photo later). But unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't see it. My gals were bummed to not have met her and so was I. Of all the wonderful things Disney did amazingly right this week, the lack of a showing of The Princess and the Frog Characters was definitely a let down. I'm crossing my fingers that this is simply because the movie just came out. If there's not a PATF ride somewhere next year, Disney's got some 'splaining to do!


2 comments:

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

I agree as well. I hope to see her around much more!

Krystal Grant said...

That is very disappointing. My family is scheduled to go to Disney the first week of June and my daughter HAS to see Princess Tiana. I hope she makes an appearance or Disney will have one very unhappy 8 year old on their hands.

Related Posts with Thumbnails