May 09, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Taco Casserole


Every time I make this my family gobbles it up, and a friend who I made this for 2 months ago when she had her baby asked me for the recipe last week, so I thought I'd share...


Fergie's Famous Taco Casserole

Ingredients:

1lb ground turkey (or beef, but turkey is leaner)
1 can black beans
1 can corn kernels
1 can diced tomatoes (I like the Italian ones)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 packet taco seasoning (I like McCormick's)
A few tortilla chips

ye
llow rice (I like Goya's)

Instructions:
Brown the meat. Drain if necessary. Stir in taco seasoning. Add beans, corn and tomatoes (you can also add any other veggie that your family likes) and combine. Transfer to casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Bake at 4oo degrees for 20 minutes (or until top is golden and cheese is melted). Serve with yellow rice.

Ta da! Easy, yummy and most importantly, contains veggies. What more could you ask for?

For more WFMWs, visit Rocks In My Dryer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. I'm always on the lookout for new ones that my family will eat. I wrote it down to make sure I would be able to make it soon. Sounds yummy!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

My family could live on Mexican alone. Thanks for an easy recipe!

GiBee said...

YUM!!! Looks good and easy!

Anonymous said...

Tried it this morning Stace(for dinner tonight)! The sample was delicious!!! Thanx!
Auntie Fe

Related Posts with Thumbnails